1. Will Republic of India's Hindi imposition policy affect Tamil Nadu?
NO. Tamil Nadu has constitutional protection from Hindi being imposed in Tamil Nadu.
2. How did Tamil Nadu achieve constitutional protection?Tamil Nadu's fight against Hindi imposition started in Brtish rule. During Late 1930's they fought against Hindi imposition. The second fight against Hindi imposition happened in late 1960s. Unless you fight for your cause, you do not get anything. Fighting for the rights is synonymous with Tamils.
3. Who fought against Hindi imposition?In 1937, it was by Periyar E.V.Ramasamy then in 1960s by DMK. Ironically C.Rajagopalachari who tried to impose Hindi Education in 1937, joined Anti-Hindi imposition protests with DMK in 1964-65.
4. What did Tamil Nadu achieve by agitating against Hindi imposition?The mandatory Hindi education was withdrawn by the British Governor of Madras Lord Erskine in February 1940. After 1960s Tamil Nadu has got constitutional protection like Quebec in Canada.
5. Did Tamil Nadu lose anything by not learning Hindi?Nothing. Tamil Nadu is well ahead of the most 'media' developed state Gujarat. In fact many Hindi speaking illiterate people come down to Tamil Nadu for seeking better opportunities, as Tamil Nadu is a welcome home for anyone.
6. Is learning Hindi in Tamil Nadu prohibited?No. Every town has got at least one Hindi institution. Tamil Nadu is NOT against Hindi, it is against Hindi imposition.
7. When Tamil Nadu was protesting , what others were doing?They were simply mocking Tamils and questioning Tamils' patriotism.
8. When Tamil Nadu has got legal protection, why Tamils are fuming over Hindi imposition now?As history shows, Tamils have to fight their own battle alone and they do not sit simply when others fighting for similiar cause. Tamils very well know that if they could come to you they could come to them also very soon.
9. What should Tamils do ?Tamils should give ALL KIND of support to our Kannada, Telugu , Malayala , Marati and North Eastern brothers for their linguistic rights.
10. What is the worst case scenerio of Hindi imposition?History is the best teacher. Read Pakistan - East Pakistan (Bangladesh) case.